Before deciding to purchase a Gig, a potential buyer will respond to a Fiverr seller's profile. You may have everything the buyer is looking for, but if your profile leaves something to be desired, you can bet that buyers will take their business elsewhere.
Buyers will compare you against your competition. So, the key to success on the Fiverr platform is to create a professional profile that will make you stand out from other sellers.
Here are some top tips to keep in mind when creating and editing your profile: Visual makeover
- Including an introductory video will increase your chances of buyer conversion. If you need help making a quality video, don't be afraid to reach out to Fiverr's video experts.
- Depending on your Gig, you may want to try animated videos. For example, if you're a voice over artist, your video should showcase your voice first and foremost.
- Make sure to have a quality profile photo – keep the image clean and simple.
- When choosing text fonts, don't make the mistake of using unprofessional ones, such as Comic Sans or Papyrus.
The price is right
- High-priced Gigs with zero reviews will not attract buyers. Lower your rates, especially when you're starting out.
- If you have three to six orders in your queue, consider raising your prices. But exercise some restraint: If you offer a $5 Gig, try for $10. Don't get ahead of yourself with $50 or $100 Gigs.
- Adjust your prices according to your workload. The logic is simple: Lower your prices on slow days, and raise them if you have a busy queue.
- Document all of your sales so you can analyze your work and make necessary adjustments.
A dose of SEO
- Brainstorm top keywords people would use to search for your Gig. Use these keywords in your Gig title.
- Include these keywords two to three times in your description, but make sure that it doesn't just become awkward text cluttered with keywords.
- Turn to SEO experts if you need more help.
Courtesy (and bonuses) always counts
- Emphasize on your profile that you provide extras or bonuses to buyers.
- In the Buyers Requests forum, offer a free bonus with your Gig to draw new clients to your profile.
- Remember that you define the buyer's perception of your Gig's value. Take time to write down the most important things about your Gig that buyers should know and make sure your profile reflects these values.
- While you can save time by developing prewritten answers to common inquiries, exercise some courtesy – and common sense – by customizing them to suit each buyer's unique needs.
There! Now that you've polished your profile, you're ready to sell. If you're still looking for an additional boost, consider finding a Fiverr mentor who can give your profile a review. With a little thought and hard work, you'll be ready for business.
Are you a buyer or seller on Fiverr? What draws you to a seller's profile, or turns you away? Tell us in the comments below!