5 Tasks On Your To-Do List You Should Delegate (Because Time is Money)

4
3035
Your time is your most valuable commodity. How do you want to spend it?

One of the frustrating things about being an independent professional is that you’re responsible for all of the not-so-fun tasks necessary for running your business—like building a website, drafting contracts, and accounting.

You *could* spend hours watching tutorials and reading articles to try to gain these skills, but remember: your time is money. Every minute you spend watching those videos could be spent doing the client work that you love—and that boosts your bottom line.

So why not do what you do best and let someone else handle the rest? Start by delegating these five time-consuming tasks.

1. Managing social media.

In 2019, there’s no need to post pamphlets around town to find customers and clients. You can use social media to promote your business to a much larger audience from the comfort of your couch (pajamas optional.) But if there’s radio silence, you won’t grow your following or stay top-of-mind when someone needs your services. Social media can have a major payoff, but it takes time to come up with creative content and engage with followers. Instead of spending a few hours a day on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat, find a social media manager who can take over so you can focus on your client work. (And great client work will make for compelling case studies and client testimonials that will dazzle your social media followers.)

2. Scheduling meetings.

The constant stream of back-and-forth emails to set up meetings can be a major time suck. Your client calls and meetings need to happen, but a virtual personal assistant can take care of the details so you can focus on impressing your clients, not coordinating the meeting time and place. A virtual personal assistant can also help you with other tasks like travel planning, project management, filing, data entry, and proofreading. (Say goodbye to a big chunk of busy work!)

3. Creating (and maintaining) your website.

Think of your website as a storefront that people will go to before purchasing your services. Make a good first impression with an attractive design, well-written copy, a layout that’s easy to navigate, and no embarrassing typos or grammar mistakes. You don’t have to learn to code to build and update a professional website for your freelance business – you can hire a website developer to help you design your website, optimize it for lead generation, and make sure it’s SEO-friendly.

4. Building that deck.

Hate Powerpoint? Is Keynote a big nope for you? You’re not alone—but presentations are one of the most important and widely-accepted ways of presenting your idea or pitching your business in today’s interconnected and competitive world. Your business deserves a deck as polished and professional as you are. So don’t burn the midnight oil researching Powerpoint shortcuts or pestering your cousin who majored in graphic design. Hire a Fiverr Pro to take your deck from boring to awe-inspiring, in plenty of time for that big pitch or meeting.

5. Updating your bookkeeping.

Stay on top of your income and expenses throughout the year so you aren’t left sifting through a huge stack of receipts and bills come tax season. Use our free tool, AND CO, to send invoices and accept payments, write proposals and contracts, record expenses, track your hours, automatically charge retainer clients, and view reports about your company’s financial health. You can use the mobile app to check your financial goals from anywhere – even a much-deserved beach vacation!

What tasks have you delegated to save time? Let us know in the comments below!

SHARE
Hannah Curran
Hannah Curran is Fiverr's Social Media and Content Manager. Originally from Connecticut, she lives in California and works out of our San Francisco office. Have an idea for the Fiverr blog? Connect with her on LinkedIn.
newest oldest most voted
EstherRandell
Guest
EstherRandell

As a startup, I currently manage 80% of my business. The remaining 20% is volunteer work. Lol! I believe that as a business grows, you’ve gotta delegate some things to focus on your core business. Thanks, Hannah.

webseo_talented
Guest
webseo_talented

fine Write

neotechincpk
Guest
neotechincpk

well its helpful

Bashir M-Jordan
Guest
Bashir M-Jordan

Looking for someone to delegate the 5 things we should delegate the 5 things to.