It’s no secret that content marketing is a vital tool for entrepreneurs wanting to grow their business. Content marketing helps bring visitors to your website, and can ultimately convert them into valued and loyal customers.
The impact of content marketing is undeniable, and these days the saying “content is king” is truer than ever. For example, according to the Marketing Insider Group:
- 56% of marketers today say that personalized content drives higher engagement for their business.
- 93% of B2B companies say content marketing generates more leads than traditional marketing strategies.
- 75% of marketers saw positive returns from their content marketing efforts.
As a digital marketer, reaching this type of nirvana is challenging, but well worth the effort. With the ability to find ideal clients ready and willing to buy your product or service, content marketing could have a huge impact on both your business and your bottom line.
In this article, we’ll present you with a surefire approach to getting started down the road of content marketing, and help show you how to succeed at it – one post at a time.
The Golden Ticket: Outsourcing to Save
The beauty of a great content marketing strategy is that you don’t need to be a great writer to make it happen. As a growing business with an eye on preserving both your budget and your in-house resources, outsourcing your content is the way to go. Outsourcing enables you to focus on your core competencies, improve efficiency, and cut costs.
When choosing your writer, just make sure you do your research. Look for someone with positive reviews and previous experience, and a portfolio of samples – or at least examples of their work. And if you can find someone with experience in your industry, even better!
Keep it Flowing
Once you start producing content, it’s crucial to keep it going. As one of our recent posts noted, a steady stream of new, compelling content will be one of the keys to your success, as those who blog weekly or even daily far outperform monthly or less frequent bloggers.
Content published regularly will help keep your users engaged and coming back for more. Posting frequently will position you as a thought leader and an expert, and show your readers that you’re accessible and able to connect with them in a meaningful and reliable way.
Of course, all of this at some point relies on search engine traffic. And if that’s what you’re looking for, a regularly updated blog is pretty much non-negotiable. If you post frequently and each post is in some way able to solve the problems and needs of your readers, your SEO rankings will start to shine.
Make it Shareable, and Watch it Grow
There’s no better way to grow your content strategy than to make it shareable. Getting social shares is what marketers dream of; it’s the most effective and efficient way to reach your audience.
But how? Here are some ways you can make it happen…
- Try ’list posts’ and ‘why posts’. Research has shown that these types of posts are the most consistently shared type of formats.
- Add social sharing buttons. This might seem obvious, but all too often these get left out. Readers naturally share posts once they’ve finished reading an article, so the end of your article is where you want to put these links. Make sure the buttons are prominently placed so that your readers don’t miss them.
- Above all, make sure your content is interesting and relevant, so people will want to share it. Trending topics do especially well, with people actively seeking to read and share this type of content. Written the right way, trending topics can contribute to your post going viral – and help take your business to another level.
These and other methods will keep your content relevant and ultimately help build trust, increase awareness, and convert leads to grow your bottom line.
What tips do you have for growing your content marketing program? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.