As a new business owner, effectively marketing your business online is one of the keys to success. Advances in technology have made it easier, but it’s not just about SEO or having a great-looking website. These days, it’s imperative to think outside the box.
We recently showed you how both passion and a smart use of resources can go a long way in building a business online. Marketing your online business is no different; sometimes it’s simply a matter of hard work and desire. Here are three clever ways you can market your business online and achieve growth and success:
1. First Up: Focus on Your Buyers
Marketing your online business is not always about what you think the benefits of your service are, or what you feel you can do for your buyers. This type of approach is often short-sighted and likely won’t resonate with your customers.
To really engage with your buyers, consider a more personalized approach that focuses on them. Think about how to talk to them directly and let them know that you’re listening to what they have to say and responding to what they need.
For example, you can:
- Make an effort to personalize your product or service to them. Before you provide your product or service, ask your customers about themselves, and then customize based on their interests and needs.
- Utilize social media to talk to your customers directly and hear their praise or complaints, which you can then either encourage or address depending on how they feel.
- Use surveys to not only get your customers’ feedback, but to include rewards and other incentives—such as a special offer or discount on your site when they complete the survey.
Research backs all of this up, with 56 percent of customers saying they’re more likely to buy something with a personalized experience, and 45 percent of online customers more likely to buy from sites offering personalized product recommendations.
2. Reward Your Clients
Growing your business is not always about new customers. The path to online success often lies with the customers you already have. Consider rewarding these customers by:
- Providing product offers and discounts
- Offering online promotions and specials that will help excite and stimulate your customers to purchase more of your product
- Giving “loyalty points” for customers who purchase on a regular basis
- Giving away free items with multiple purchases
- Offering your customers discounts for referring you to other customers online
- Providing percentage-based discounts for large volume purchases.
3. Post High-Quality Content … Frequently
There are some great content marketing techniques you can use to help grow your business. The importance of high-quality content for today’s marketer cannot be overstated—it’s an opportunity for you to truly convey your brand’s personality and build trust and confidence with your customers.
Unlike simply pitching your products and services, good content marketing has the power to attract and retain customers, and ultimately drive them to want what you have to offer. When you create content that’s interesting, helpful, and informative, people will view you as a thought leader in your industry, and you’ll have the opportunity to increase the quantity and quality of your leads more than you imagined. Whole Foods, for example, offers valuable articles on how to eat healthily and save money at the same time, and as a result, they’ve been able to attract new customers and create lasting connections with their audience.
If your content is published on a regular basis, even better. This will help strengthen your brand and keep the search engines stopping by. Your content could be in the form of weekly or even daily social media posts, or a monthly newsletter with announcements, discounts, or any other relevant content that will keep your users engaged.
So What’s the Secret?
With the business world and landscape changing so rapidly, there is no ‘secret’ for online marketing success today. But by utilizing the methods above, and by checking out the wealth of digital marketing services that Fiverr has to offer, you can learn how to create meaningful and relevant connections with your clients, provide visibility and recognition for your company, and help pave the way for long-term success.
What tips do you have for marketing a new business online? Share with us in the comments below.